|Endangered List: Back To Main Page|
|City/County/Congressional District: • Clarendon , Monroe County (District 1 )|
|Location Class: • Commercial|
|Year Built: • 1904|
|Status: • Demolished|
In 1904, merchants and clothiers Ed and Ike Bondi erected a two-story, 12,000 square foot structure in the heart of Clarendon, a prosperous Delta timber and plantation service town. The Italinate structure, with flat stone lintels, is located on the town square, facing the county courthouse. It is a substantial reminder of the successful merchants and community builders and one of the few buildings of this size and significance remaining in Clarendon. The Bondi Brothers building was slated for demolition and brick harvesting and was demolished in 2016.
Preserve Arkansas is committed to making its Web site accessible to all users and welcomes comments or suggestions on access improvements. Please send comments or suggestions on accessibility to email@example.com.