|Endangered List: Back To Main Page|
|City/County/Congressional District: • Augusta , Woodruff County (District 1 )|
|Location Class: • Residential|
|Year Built: • 1861 | Year Abandoned: •|
|Historic Designation: • National Register of Historic Places 1975|
|Status: • Abandoned • Endangered|
The Ferguson House was built by one of Augusta’s earliest and most prominent families, James P. and Maria Ferguson. Built in the vernacular style with Greek Revival characteristics, the house was constructed with local hand-cut virgin pine and cypress. The house belonged to various members of the Ferguson family over the years, including W.E. Ferguson, the couple’s oldest son who served as a state senator and held every county office in Woodruff County and was a significant figure in the community’s civic and social history. The Ferguson House is vacant and in critical condition.
Preserve Arkansas is committed to making its Web site accessible to all users and welcomes comments or suggestions on access improvements. Please send comments or suggestions on accessibility to email@example.com.