|Endangered List: Back To Main Page|
|City/County/Congressional District: • Carthage , Dallas County ( District 4 )|
|Location Class: • Commercial|
|Year Built: • 1907 | Year Abandoned: • N/A|
|Historic Designation: • National Register of Historic Places 1987|
|Status: • Abandoned|
The Bank of Carthage Building was designed in 1907 by noted Arkansas architect Charles L. Thompson. The one-story, brick commercial building features restrained Classical detailing and serves as a reminder of the town’s importance as a railroad and timber hub. In fact, it is the only remaining historic commercial structure in this small town. Although the Bank of Carthage is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it is now in an advanced state of deterioration with a large hole in the roof, missing windows and dense vegetation growth. The building is privately owned and currently for sale.
Preserve Arkansas is committed to making its Web site accessible to all users and welcomes comments or suggestions on access improvements. Please send comments or suggestions on accessibility to email@example.com.